Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Created/Creative/Creator

Whilst vacationing with my wonderful family 
in Arizona last week,
I spent some time with my ever so artistic Aunt Linda. 

She makes the most beautiful quilts. 
It was so pleasant to sit with her and listen 
as she shared about quilting and crafting and creating. 

Each of these processes requires so much
love
and a deep appreciation for
beauty. 

When I came back home, 
I decided to buy some yarn and crochet some hats.

Then I started making headbands...


I love the yarn that I bought
{even though it's almost camouflage-y}
I feel a snatch like a hippy 
but
curly hair seems to be all about being loose and fancy free
and sometimes it needs to be tamed by a headband. 


It is just ever so fun to use
the mind and hands and glimmer of creativity
that God has blessed me with
to actually create something. 
I love finishing a project like this and then 
pausing
to look at it, really study it.

This may sound ever so silly...
but these moments of 
pure delight
that I feel when I make something
cause me to look at the world differently.

God must have been so stinkin' stoked
as he created the earth. 
His delight in his creation of everything,
especially his people,
must be so incredibly vast. 

It makes it a little easier to understand
how He delights in me. 
I am his created one.

"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?"
Psalm 8:3-4


{thoroughly delighted is this Maddy-heart}



No comments:

Post a Comment