Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Time for Laughter


Today was a day for loving Jesus more. 

Today was a day for loving Jesus more by spending time with dear people

Today was a day for loving Jesus more by spending time 
with dear people in deep moments of laughter.

Today was a good day. 

There were moments of quiet and conversation 
with my dear roomy and friend, Rinny. 
{Just before we "embarked" on the journey of building our couch. Ha, that was good.}

Simple words exchanged. 
Serious words exchanged.
Many silly giggley smiles. 

Nearly four hours were spent in catchy-uppy conversation with sweet Hilary.


Hearing about her trip to Argentina 
and sharing about my experience at Hume 
were high on the list of verbal priorities
It was such a joy to strive to slow our words to
keep up with the joy in our hearts.


The evening involved so many silly moments with my girl Melanie. 
Adventuring to a boy's room with the expectation of
 seeing its fantastical setup
surprised us...
when there was no boy to be found in the room. 
Rather there were nearly ten girls watching Tangled together. 
Awkward...but followed by oh so much laughter. 

The capstone of this joyous day was a skypefest with Melanie and Jax. 

{This was taken on a trip down from Hume Lake to Cat Haven. 
I demanded a 'stache picture since they were dragging me down to a cat zoo.}

These pretty ladies were my close friends all summer long.
It was a grand time of story-telling and life-sharing.
Our laughter echoed throughout the hall of my dorm. 

I'm so thankful for friends like all of these, 
and so many others. 
Sweet souls that make my heart giggle. 

I can't help but think that God must have been smiling from heaven. 

I wonder if His laugh is ever a solo...
(which I'm sure would be killer to hear)
or maybe his laugh is heard in the melodic harmonies
 of the joy-overwhelmed bellows of his children. 

In that case, I very much enjoyed the 
laughter-chorus 
I worshipped Him with today. 

(( giggle-FULL is this happy heart))

No comments:

Post a Comment