Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Love-a-love-lovely

Tomorrow morning at 10 am I will have the 
biggest
 final of my semester. 
As Christ is the smartest man ever alive, 
I finished out my study sesh with some prayer and Jesus time. 

As I ventured into the Bible and the devotional that I'm currently working my way through, 
the word love kept SCREAMING its happy face at me. 

First it was a quote: 

"If what we call love doesn't take us beyond ourselves,
it is not really love.
If we have the idea that love is characterized as cautious, wise, sensible, 
shrewd, and never taken to extremes, we have missed the true meaning." 
-Oswald Chambers
Then, it was 1 John 4:16: 

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. 
God is love
and whoever abides in love avides in God, and God abides in him.



Then I had a thought.
Nothing profound, just a snatch of a thought really:

God is love. 

So when I tell someone 
"I love you"
it reflects a valuable duty. 

I am telling him or her that I am committing to reflecting
God's love in that relationship.
Through the actions in my life 
and my words. 

Love seems to take risks. 
But it must recognize the true reason that it is taking those risks. 
Love is big. 
God is love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment