Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yellow Watches and Missions

This week is the 83rd Missions Conference at Biola. 
As lovely as it is to be without classes for the next three days, 
I feel even more blessed that I am in a place that 
seeks to focus our attention 
where God is focused.

The band United Pursuit is leading worship. 

This is my favorite song by them:


They played it this afternoon. 
So good. 
I love the image of climbing a mountain with hands wide open. 

I'm trying to learn what it means to open my hands more.

They pack a lot into this conference so I am trying to be intentional 
about making space to process what I am learning. 

When I am immersed in deepening my love and understanding of God, 
sometimes I forget that I am human,
that I have to stop
every now and then
to process. 

I love that God designed me to need space to 
process. 

The words intentional and process are two of my favorite words.

They're right up there with encouragement and joy.

I LOVE words. 
I love words that really really matter and make a difference. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night as I was falling asleep, I had a hankering for a creative idea. 
{Pre-sleep time is usually my most brilliant}

[Backstory] 
So I worked up at Hume Lake Christian Camps this summer. 
Besides being an incredible experience for my heart and soul and mind, 
I developed the habit of wearing a watch. 

There is no cell phone service up there and so 
watching it up
was the only way to get anywhere on time. 

After the summer ended, I kept the habit alive. 
I bought the CUTEST watch from Target. 
But then the band started to fall apart as I wore it ever so faithfully. 
[Flash-forward. ]

Last night, I decided to bring it back to life. 

I cut the watch head part 
{ummm anyone know the anatomy of watches?}
and then took a piece of yellow stringyish from
my favorite belt. 

And this is what happened


I'm pretty excited about it, 
as can be seen by my very expressive hand. 


I love yellow things. 

I love watches. 

I love Missions Conferences. 

I love Jesus. 

Because he first loved me. 

P.s. Do yourself a BIG favor and watch this,
she is one of my favorite people ever. 
I can't wait to hang out with her in heaven. 


{happy ears lead to a happy hearted Maddy}


No comments:

Post a Comment